Computer Requirements and Recommendations
At Hartwell, you can study on your schedule in 100% online courses. You never have to travel to a physical campus. Our online courses are like live courses but instead of live lectures, most are recorded. Instead of live discussion, you have discussion forums with other students. To participate in these course you need the following:
- Computer. Windows 7 or greater, Macintosh OS X or later, Chrome OS or comparable system. We encourage you to access our courses in Populi from a computer web browser rather than a tablet or smartphone.
- Internet. High speed Internet connection (cable, DSL, etc.). A dialup connection will likely not work, due to the required streaming audio & video in each course.
- Email Account. You must have an email account that is yours alone. You can use Gmail (or similar free email services)
- Optional Populi Learning Management System App. Android App and iOS App. Although Populi has a mobile app, it has limited features. We encourage you to access our courses in Populi from a desktop web browser rather than a tablet or smartphone.
- Video Conference Recommendations. Courses use Zoom Live Video Conferencing. You are encouraged but not required to use a webcam and microphone to fully participate in the live portions of courses (via computer or smartphone app iPhone or Android app). If you do not have access to these devices, a telephone number for call-in will be available as well.
Students requiring technical support should email email@example.com.